Mondays at 7 p.m.
Additional Air Times:
- Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m.
What has four legs, a fin, scales, hooves and maybe even a tail?
It's The Paw Report!
Have you ever wondered about the best way to train a puppy? Need advice on how to calm your pet's fear of the vet's office? Think you know all there is to know about microchipping? The Paw Report aims to cover those topics and more by bringing you the latest information from area veterinarians and pet experts on pet health, ownership and everything else related to our furry and not so furry friends.
Want to See Your Pet on TV?
Your pet could be the next star of WEIU's new show, The Paw Report! Have a video or photo of your pet doing something funny or absolutely adorable? We'd love to share it with our viewers here at The Paw Report! Email it to us and you could see it on our show! Just make sure it's video taken by you or that you have permission to share it! For more information about how to get that video or photo to us, email us or call us at 217-581-5956.
If you are a veterinarian, trainer, groomer, specialist, rescue organization or shelter that would like to partner with The Paw Report by providing expert guests for the show or animals to be featured on our "Adoptable Pets" segment, please contact us by emailing us or calling 217-581-5956. If you have a topic you'd like to see on the show or questions for our experts, contact us with those too!
Production of The Paw Report is Made Possible in Part By:
July 11, 2016 - The American Greyhound
- Known for being independent, gentle and ooh so sweet, the American greyhound is the fastest breed of dog and officially recognized by the American Kennel Club since 1885. The Greyhound is one of the most ancient breeds known to man and can be traced to almost every continent on the globe! On this edition of the Paw Report, we'll talk more about the breed and also opportunities to foster this fascinating animal.
July 18, 2016 - Kidney Disease in Pets
- When it comes to our pets, it's important to remember their yearly exams. Without those annual check-ups, a deadly disease in dogs and cats can go undetected. On this episode of the Paw Report, we're joined by Dr. Sally Foote from the Okaw Veterinary Clinic in Tuscola to talk about managing kidney disease in our pets.
July 25, 2016 - Aikman Wildlife Adventure
- Its been two and a half years since James Aikman had a dream of owning a wildlife park. Today that dream is a reality, but it's much bigger than he originally imagined and involves dozens of wild and exotic animals co-existing together. Join us as we go on location for this edition of the Paw Report to Aikman Wildlife Adventure!
Aug. 1, 2016 - Starting a Backyard Fish Pond
- We are sure to "reel you in" on this episode of the Paw Report! Maybe you've got a large area in your backyard or maybe just a small corner, either way you're wanting to build a backyard fish pond! On this episode of the Paw Report, we will get into the particulars of building your first pond including proper location, size, filtration and of course fish!
Aug. 8, 2016 - Attracting Birds with Birdhouses
- We spread our wings on this episode of the Paw Report! This time of year the birds are singing and returning to our backyards, but certain birds have certain needs and on this episode we'll talk about excellent habitats you can create at home to attract a variety of species.
Aug. 15, 2016 - Keeping Fido Fit
- Fido is spending more time on his comfy bed and less time outside playing and going for walks! Over time, you notice the pounds adding up! On this episode of the Paw Report, we're joined by Dr. Kim Knap to talk about pet weight management and a special program at the U of I College of Veterinary medicine called "Shape Up, Pup!"
Aug. 22, 2016 - White Violet Alpacas
- Located on the grounds of Saint Mary of the Woods college you'll find a unique farm. The White Violet Farm Alpacas is a ministry of the Sisters of Providence near Terre Haute, Indiana. The facility maintains one of the highest quality fiber herds in the Midwest, and on this episode of the Paw Report we learn more about this curious animal and its function on this special farm.