What has four legs, a fin, scales, hooves and maybe even a tail?
It's The Paw Report!
Have you ever wondered about the best way to train a puppy? Need advice on how to calm your pet's fear of the vet's office? Think you know all there is to know about microchipping? The Paw Report aims to cover those topics and more by bringing you the latest information from area veterinarians and pet experts on pet health, ownership and everything else related to our furry and not so furry friends.
Want to See Your Pet on TV?
Your pet could be the next star of WEIU's new show, The Paw Report! Have a video or photo of your pet doing something funny or absolutely adorable? We'd love to share it with our viewers here at The Paw Report! Email it to us and you could see it on our show! Just make sure it's video taken by you or that you have permission to share it! For more information about how to get that video or photo to us, email us or call us at 217-581-5956.
If you are a veterinarian, trainer, groomer, specialist, rescue organization or shelter that would like to partner with The Paw Report by providing expert guests for the show or animals to be featured on our "Adoptable Pets" segment, please contact us by emailing us or calling 217-581-5956. If you have a topic you'd like to see on the show or questions for our experts, contact us with those too!
Production of The Paw Report is Made Possible in Part By:
Dec. 22, 2014
- The lesson in this week’s Paw Report: Keep certain items out of reach from your pets! Pets can swallow virtually anything ranging from coins, bones, sticks and buttons resulting in internal injuries and costly vet bills. Dr. Gregory Mauck from the Kaskaskia Valley Animal Hospital visits to talk about things that shouldn’t be inside Your dog and sometimes cat. Unfortunately, pets ingesting foreign objects is a common problem and Dr. Mauck will share several stories with us!
Dec. 29, 2014
- On this episode of the Paw Report we're talking about cutting pet care costs. Dr. Ericka Yeley from the Farm and Family Veterinary Service in Marshall Illinois joins us to talk about some preventative measures that may be excellent money savers!
Jan. 5, 2015
- Horses can be used for some many different things including work around the farm, racing, riding and even therapy! On this episode of The Paw Report, horse enthusiast, owner, and volunteer at the Paradise Equestrian Therapy Center in Charleston, Carol Galey joins us to explain why the term "work horse" is fitting for this large animal!
Jan. 12, 2015
- When you think of pets, dogs and cats probably come to mind. But on this episode of the Paw Report, we're talking about living with lizards. Ever thought about bringing a Bearded Dragon or Leopard Gecko into your home? Believe it or not, reptile handler Kyle Thompson from PetSmart in Mattoon says both make good pets!
Jan. 19, 2015
- The Dachshund, meaning “badger dog” in German, dates back to the 15th century and one of the most popular breeds according to the American Kennel Club registration statistics. On this episode of the Paw Report, Dachshund owner Betty Potts joins us to talk about her experience raising and showing this lively breed.
Jan. 26, 2015
- On this episode of the Paw Report, we're talking about the principals of water safety when it comes to our pets. Just like humans, our furry friends also like to swim, but it’s important to know the basics before diving in! Ellen Johnson from the Charleston Area Club joins us to talk more about taking the plunge with our pets!
Feb. 2, 2015
- Dogs are definitely curious and like to do all kinds of activities! It's easy to see why are four legged friends sometimes need first aid! But do you know what to do if something happens to your pet? When it comes to medical treatment, seconds and minutes can make a difference in a dog's recovery! On this episode of the Paw Report, Chelsea Ballinger with the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine joins us with information on what to do if you have a pet emergency at home!