A Partnership With the Community
WEIU's mission is to use its human and technological resources in partnership with others to benefit EIU and help make Charleston and the surrounding area a better place to live, learn, work and play. We do this by:
- Complementing the work of the Departments of Communication Studies and Journalism at Eastern Illinois University by providing real-world training on state-of-the-art equipment to enable EIU students to become the most employable broadcast students in the United States.
- Promoting community service through quality programming that engages and educates and through community outreach that has a positive impact.
Our vision is to be the model for broadcast education in the United States and to be a valued partner in improving the well being of the constituents that we serve.
WEIU values and works to make our community aware that we...
- Provide a service that is responsive to the needs of - and is valued by - the university, our community, our students, and our underwriters;
- Consistently strive for excellence and professionalism;
- Are accessible, dependable, honest and caring.
WEIU-TV is licensed to the Board of Trustees of Eastern Illinois University. Our 255-kilowatt digital signal on Channel 51.1 is broadcast from our 492-foot tower located south and east of Humboldt, Ill.