Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Being Well features topics related to health, fitness and well being. The program is hosted by WEIU-TV's Lori Casey and features experts from several medical and health-related institutions in the region:
- Eastern Illinois University
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System
- Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center
- The Mayo Clinic
- Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Being Well is Made Possible in Part By:
Additional Funding Provided By:
Season 6 Re-Airings!
Sept. 23, 2014
- Cheri Burcham from the University of Illinois Extension is our guest this week. Cheri will be addressing caregiving relationships and the challenges and rewards that go along with caring for an elderly loved one.
Sept. 30, 2014
- Family nurse practitioner Tiffany Turner from Paris Community Hospital Family Medical Center addresses workplace injuries on this program. We’ll learn about the most common causes of work related injuries as well as some preventative measures.
Oct. 7, 2014
- Cardiologist Amit Dande of Prairie Heart Institute at Sarah Bush Lincoln stops by for an informative talk about PVD or Peripheral Vascular Disease. We’ll learn more about the risk factors, long-term effects and treatment options available.
Oct. 14, 2014
- Former NFL player and EIU Alum Ray McElroy is our guest this week. Ray talks about the importance of youth fitness and living a healthy lifestyle. He also shares his fitness routine and how he and his family keep active and make healthy choices a part of their daily routine.
Oct. 21, 2014
- Dr. Bernie Ranchero addresses Alzheimer’s disease. He’ll explain how AZ affects the brain and the latest research. Dr. Ranchero will also talk about nutrition and supplements that may be effective in lowering your risks of getting AZ.
Oct. 28, 2014
- R.N. Rachel Massey from Paris Community Hospital Family Medical Center talks about the signs of stroke and how early intervention is important for recovery. We’ll learn more about F.A.S.T. as well as the risk factors for stroke.
Nov. 4, 2014
- Clinical Psychologist Dr. Jerry Boyd talks about the connection between self-esteem and mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. We’ll learn more about ways to develop and maintain good self-esteem and how to identify signs of anxiety and when to seek medical attention.
Nov. 11, 2014
- Exercise physiologist Lori Richardson of Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System will address heart health and cardiac rehab. We’ll learn more about who needs cardiac rehab and how the process works and the types of exercises involved in rehab.