Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
Being Well features topics related to health, fitness and well being. The program is hosted by WEIU-TV's Lori Casey and features experts from several medical and health-related institutions in the region:
- Eastern Illinois University
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System
- St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital
- Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center
- The Mayo Clinic
- Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Being Well is Made Possible in Part By:
Additional Funding Provided By:
Season 7 Premieres Nov. 25
-- New 7 p.m. Start Time! --
Nov. 25, 2014
- Dr. Charlie Schuster from Back to Health Chiropractic in Charleston talks about ways to keep our musculoskeletal system is good health. We’ll address common disorders related to the musculoskeletal system and what preventative measures we can take now to hopefully stave off future problems.
Dec. 16, 2014
- Dr. Chip Rowe from Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center stops by to tell us about Rheumatoid Arthritis. About 1.5 million people in the United States have RA. Nearly three times as many women have the disease as men. We’ll learn more about it and what treatment options are available.
Dec. 23, 2014
- This week’s program is all about the wise use of prescription medications. Julie Vahling, Associate State Director for AARP will be our guest and provide some easy to follow advice for making the most of our medications, including the use of a personal medication record.
Dec. 30, 2014
- Registered Dietician Laura Jacob from EIU Health Service talks about smart nutrition, including calorie swapping ideas, proper portion sizes and good and bad fats for our diet. Laura will also give us some sound advice on eating and diet plans so we can make the right choice for our lifestyle and nutrition goals.