Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
Being Well features topics related to health, fitness and well being. The program is hosted by WEIU-TV's Lori Casey and features experts from several medical and health-related institutions in the region:
- Eastern Illinois University
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System
- St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital
- Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center
- The Mayo Clinic
- Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Being Well is Made Possible in Part By:
Additional Funding Provided By:
Season 7 Premieres Nov. 25
-- New 7 p.m. Start Time! --
Dec. 23, 2014
- This week’s program is all about the wise use of prescription medications. Julie Vahling, Associate State Director for AARP will be our guest and provide some easy to follow advice for making the most of our medications, including the use of a personal medication record.
Dec. 30, 2014
- Registered Dietician Laura Jacob from EIU Health Service talks about smart nutrition, including calorie swapping ideas, proper portion sizes and good and bad fats for our diet. Laura will also give us some sound advice on eating and diet plans so we can make the right choice for our lifestyle and nutrition goals.
Jan. 6, 2015
- Dr. Joseph Borreggine from Family Foot Care Center joins us to talk about diabetic foot care. Diabetics need to pay extra attention to their feet on a daily basis; keeping check of minor issues before they become major health issues. Dr. Borreggine will share some helpful advice and daily preventative checks to keep you and your feet healthy.
Jan. 13, 2015
- This week we learn all about the specialty area of and Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. Lori Cudone from Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Systems tell us about this area of medicine that treats everything from chronic sinus infections, hearing issues, skin cancers, problems related to the throat and neck and more.
Jan. 20, 2015
- This week we “Ask The Pharmacist.” Joining us will be Renee Klingler and Nicole Rinker from Prairie Medical Pharmacy at Sarah Bush Lincoln. These pharmacists will answer a range of common medication questions we all have from why some drugs have interactions to choosing a cold medicine and everything in between.