Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Being Well features topics related to health, fitness and well being. The program is hosted by WEIU-TV's Lori Casey and features experts from several medical and health-related institutions in the region:
- Eastern Illinois University
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System
- Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center
- The Mayo Clinic
- Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Being Well is Made Possible in Part By:
Additional Funding Provided By:
Season 6 Re-Airings!
Oct. 28, 2014
- R.N. Rachel Massey from Paris Community Hospital Family Medical Center talks about the signs of stroke and how early intervention is important for recovery. We’ll learn more about F.A.S.T. as well as the risk factors for stroke.
Nov. 4, 2014
- Clinical Psychologist Dr. Jerry Boyd talks about the connection between self-esteem and mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. We’ll learn more about ways to develop and maintain good self-esteem and how to identify signs of anxiety and when to seek medical attention.
Nov. 11, 2014
- Exercise physiologist Lori Richardson of Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System will address heart health and cardiac rehab. We’ll learn more about who needs cardiac rehab and how the process works and the types of exercises involved in rehab.