Tuesdays at 7 p.m.
Being Well features topics related to health, fitness and well being. The program is hosted by WEIU-TV's Lori Casey and features experts from several medical and health-related institutions in the region:
- Eastern Illinois University
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System
- St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital
- Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center
- The Mayo Clinic
- Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m.
Being Well is Made Possible in Part By:
Additional Funding Provided By:
Season 7 Re-Airings
June 30, 2015
- Angela Yoder, Ph.D from Eastern Illinois University shares her experience in parent-child communication on this program. We’ll learn more about how children communicate through play and how parents and caregivers can develop better communication methods with children.
July 7, 2015
- Gloria Spear, director of environmental health with the Coles County Health Department, stops by to talk about food and water safety. We’ll talk about foodborne illnesses, what causes them, and how we can stay safe.
July 14, 2015
- Ophthalmologist Dr. Ryan Pine talks about his area of specialty and the types of cases he treats. One of the most common is diabetic eye disease like retinopathy. We’ll talk more about the causes, symptoms and treatment.
July 21, 2015
- Dr. Ruben Boyajian will be talking about breast cancer and how treatment has changed in the past 30 years. We’ll learn more about breast cancer surgery, chemotherapy and radiation options.
July 28, 2015
- This week we’ll be talking to Dr. Arturo Menchaca, a urogynocologist from Paris Community Hospital Family Medical Center. We’ll talk more about this specialty area of medicine that treats a number of issues including fibroids, infertility, incontinence and more. -->