Season 3 of Backstage at Doudna returns in May for a third season! Our crews have been busy working with the Doudna staff to bring you an all new season.
Each program includes one-on-one interviews with the artists, backstage and performance clips. Dwight Vaught, director of the Doudna Fine Arts Center returns as host for this season.
- Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
Season 3 Re-Airings
Program 301 - July 2, 2014
- New Dance Horizons - Four nationally renowned choreographers come together and collaborate with four St. Louis dance companies called New Dance Horizons. Leverage Dance Theater, MADCO, Common Thread Contemporary Dance Company and the Saint Louis Ballet bring to the stage a production that is beautiful and unique that showcases different styles of Dance.
Program 302 - July 9, 2014
- William Yang, Piano - The talents of 12-year-old pianist William Yang are featured in this program. This accomplished young musician started performing publically and winning competitions as age 7. With exceptional technical skill and musicianship, William amazes audiences with his performances of Bach, Chopin and Beethoven.
Program 303 - July 16, 2014
- Charlotte Martin - Pianist, singer, songwriter and EIU alum Charlotte Martin returns home and performs new songs and catalog favorites. Over the course of her career Charlotte has recorded both major label and independent releases for audiences around the world.
Program 304 - July 23, 2014
- Dennis Mackrel Trio - Dennis Mackrel, Reggie Thomas and Jeffrey Campbell are guest peformers at the 55th Annual EIU Jazz Festival. The trio takes the stage with the EIU Jazz Ensemble and performs original as well as traditional jazz selections.
Program 305 - July 30, 2014
- The White City - Thodos Dance Chicago interprets the story of the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair in The White City. The performance encompasses the pageantry and excitement of the fair as well as the darker side, including mass murders by Dr. H. H. Holmes.
Program 306 - Aug. 6, 2014
- The Real Vocal String Quartet - Playing original songs, unique arrangements and jaw dropping improv, the Real Vocal String Quartet in a collaborative ensemble that easily moves form one style to another. Their work spans classical, jazz, rock, folk and world music all with great energy and spirit.